DR simulation – How to add existing PnP drive to new media agent?

Last post 6 hours, 8 minutes ago by Keith_NI. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • DR simulation – How to add existing PnP drive to new media agent?
    Posted: 08-11-2017, 9:42 AM
    Hello All,

I’ve been asked to look at our DR processes and would appreciate some guidance. I'm a very basic user.

We have a virtual CommServ with multiple physical media agents on the LAN. One of the media agents has a PnP (Plug and play) USB drive added and a storage policy has been successfully writing to it.

I’m rebuilding the environment in a DR lab and have a new virtual CommServ built and the latest DR backup has been restored using the backup using the CSRecoveryAssistant utility. Job history and metadata is listed as expected.

How do I associate the PnP drive to another media agent? Say I’ve made the CommServ a media agent and want it to attach the PnP to it?

When I try to restore jobs that were copied to the PnP drive the CommServ still looks for the original media agent that the drive was attached to.

Thanks in advance.
    Keith
  • Re: DR simulation – How to add existing PnP drive to new media agent?
    Posted: 08-11-2017, 9:49 AM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 08-16-2017, 12:11 PM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Check these two considerations

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=features/disk_library/t_move_mount_path.htm

and

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=features/change_data_path/change_data_path.htm

• Re: DR simulation – How to add existing PnP drive to new media agent?
    Posted: 6 hours, 8 minutes ago

Thanks for this.  Exactly what I was looking for.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2017 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy