Virtual To Physical Migration

Last post 11-17-2017, 5:47 PM by jszutarski. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Virtual To Physical Migration
    Posted: 09-19-2017, 1:50 PM

Can I use CommVault to restore one of my Virtual Machine into a physical server?

My Goal is to convert the Virtual Machine into a physical server.

• Re: Virtual To Physical Migration
    Posted: 11-17-2017, 5:47 PM

You can install the appropriate file system agent within the VM guest, and then perform a full system restore or 1 Touch restore to the physical server.

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=features/virtualizeme/faqs.htm

Can I convert a Virtual machine into a physical machine?

Yes. Follow the steps given below to convert a virtual machine into a physical machine:

1. Ensure that you have enabled 1-Touch backup on the virtual machine and you have performed atleast one full backup.
    2. Create a response file for the virtual machine and  perform the Non-Interactive Restore using the response file.

For more information about creating response file for a Windows machine, refer to Creating a Response File for Non-Interactive Restores Using 1-Touch.

For more information about creating response file for a Linux machine, refer to Non-Interactive Restore.

During Non interactive restore, copy the response file on a USB drive and connect the USB drive to a physical machine.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2017 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy