CommVault Forums

Solving Forward - Solving Together
Welcome to CommVault Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in

Using Qlogin in a batch file: qlogin: Error 0x103: Invalid Login/Password

Last post 12-28-2010, 5:11 PM by JWeir. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Using Qlogin in a batch file: qlogin: Error 0x103: Invalid Login/Password
    Posted: 12-28-2010, 4:13 PM

I'd like to create a batch file that logs in a user automatically, and runs a script.  The batch file goes like this:

cd /d C:\Program Files\CommVault Systems\Galaxy\Base

qlogin -cs cvxxx-infbkup01 -u _cvadmin –p Password

qoperation execscript -sn GetClients.sql > c:\temp\F46BCClients.txt

qlogout

When I run the script, I get the following error after the qlogin line:

qlogin: Error 0x103: Invalid Login/Password

When I remove the '-p Password' and get prompted for the password, the batch file runs successfully. 

The batch file is run on the commserve.  Any ideas/help would be appreciated.

gmoh
  • Re: Using Qlogin in a batch file: qlogin: Error 0x103: Invalid Login/Password
    Posted: 12-28-2010, 4:24 PM
    • efg is not online. Last active: 09-19-2014, 9:07 AM efg
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-02-2010
    • CommVault Oceanport NJ
    • Expert
    • Points 962
    • Commvault Global Group

When supplying a password from the "-p" option, it can't be a clear text password, it must be the encrypted password string.  The only way that I am aware of that you can generate this string is by logging in to the console, and save a job as a script.  (Use the login acount that you wish to use for the script.)  Save that to a file on one of the clients, and you will find the encrypted password string in the "input" file.  Note that 2 files get saved when using the "Save as script" feature, one file is the actual script, and the other is an "input" file that the script parses.

Hope this helps.

Ernst F. Graeler
    Senior Technical Lead/Analyst
    Posted: 12-28-2010, 4:27 PM

Thanks Ernie.  I'll give that a try.

gmoh
    Posted: 12-28-2010, 4:33 PM

That worked... Thanks again.

gmoh
    Posted: 12-28-2010, 5:11 PM

Gerald,

I'm glad that worked.  Below is the documentation link:

• Username and encrypted password
    • Before using any of the commands, you must log on the CommServe using the qlogin command. The -p argument of the qlogin command provides a password for this purpose. You can obtain this encrypted value by saving any supported operation (i.e., a backup or restore job) as a script through the CommCell Console. This creates the qlogin string and encrypted password for the user that is currently logged on to the CommCell Console. You can then copy and reuse the qlogin string from that script in other scripts. For more information, see the description for the qlogin command.
  •  

from http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/release_8_0_0/books_online_1/english_us/features/cli/cli.htm#Writing and Editing Scripts

JW

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of CommVault Systems, Inc. ("CommVault") and CommVault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, CommVault.
CommVault, CommVault and logo, the “CV” logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2014 CommVault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy