Health Check: Copy Redundancy SLA at 0%

Last post 02-23-2018, 3:36 PM by Ken_H. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Health Check: Copy Redundancy SLA at 0%
    Posted: 02-09-2018, 2:05 PM

My manager just asked my why the CommVault Copy Redundancy report is at 0% of our servers hitting the SLA.  I have no idea.  Screenshots showing what I see are below.  As usual, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ken

• Re: Health Check: Copy Redundancy SLA at 0%
    Posted: 02-13-2018, 5:32 PM

Hello Ken,

Please check this documention for "Copy Reundancy SLA".

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=features/reports/metrics/health_check_data_views.htm#cl_copy_redudancy_sla

Thanks

Venkat

Posted: 02-14-2018, 12:04 PM

The first server on the Copy Redundancy SLA report is APP-ALMP101 which is reported as "Missed Copy Redundancy".  When I check that server, it is in a storage policy that has three copies:

1. 1-Primary
    2. 2-DashToDR
    3. 3-TapeMonthly (selective copy)

The last backup of this server was yesterday at 4:30 PM.  If I go to the storage policy, right-click on 2-DashToDR and select View > Media Not Copied, I get "There are no items to show in this view".  So the DashToDR copy has completed successfully.  (For the record the previous back up was the day before that so it's not a weekend scheduling issue.)  I am at a lose to explain why this server appears on the report.  I'm also hesitant to open a ticket with support as I've opened 11 so far this year and it's only Feb 14th.  Some days it seems CommVault generates problems faster than I can fix them.

Sorry - got off on a bit of a tenget there.  I'm greatful for any suggestion of why all my reports are showing up as missing the SLA when my CommVault installation appears to be working perfectly.

Ken

Posted: 02-14-2018, 12:28 PM

Hello Ken,

We will check this and update you by Friday.

thanks

Venkat

Posted: 02-15-2018, 10:38 AM

This morning my Copy Redundancy SLA report is showing 36 servers now meet the SLA.  All 36 are virtual servers on the same host and part of the same subclient.  Oddly, the most recent Aux Copy for that storage policy has been running since Feb 11 (today is Feb 15) and hasn't finished copying all its backup jobs to tape.  It is not clear how CommVault decides which backups meet the SLA and which do not.

Posted: 02-16-2018, 3:20 PM

Hello Ken,

There are some issues in the report which is causing it to show the information as seen now. we are in the process of fixing it. i will update you once we fix it on cloud.  

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks

Venkat

Posted: 02-23-2018, 2:36 PM

Hello Ken,

Please check the report now., SLA redundancy now is at 99% Met SLA. Once your CommCell uploads today's Data it should change to 100% Met SLA.

Thanks

Venkat

Posted: 02-23-2018, 3:36 PM

Much, much better.  Thank you!

Ken

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2018 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy