Network Throttle cloud library?

Last post 02-13-2018, 2:42 PM by Anderson. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Network Throttle cloud library?
    Posted: 02-12-2018, 2:17 PM

I have a cloud library "attached" to an on prem media agent.  I also have a disk library attached to this media agent.  When this media agent aux copies data from its disk library to the cloud library - it will happily use the full internet upstream to aux copy its data.  Since there are no other commvault computers it talks to to try and setup throttling with - is there some other way I can throttle its use with Commvault?  For now we have just implemented a 60% usage throttle on the firewalls outside of commvault for this - but it would be nice if there was a way from within Commvault to set throttling on a schedule like we can between 2 commvault servers.

Thanks!

• Re: Network Throttle cloud library?
    Posted: 02-12-2018, 6:15 PM

Hi Anderson

In your case as you will be Aux Copying from the Local MA to the Cloud Library, you can consider using Storage Policy Throttling. 

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=features/network/nwbw_advanced.htm#Auxiliary_Copy_Operation

This option allows you to dictate the throttling of each stream to the cloud library. 

So you will need to consider how many streams you are utilizing per Aux Copy and adjust the bandwith accordingly. 

Thank you 

Posted: 02-12-2018, 7:02 PM

Hi,

you can set the reg keys in MediaAgent

nCloudGlobalMaxRecvMBPerHour

nCloudGlobalMaxSendMBPerHour

to throttle the traffic for the Cloud servers. No schedule though, may use some scripts to change the values from Windows Task Scheduler.

Posted: 02-13-2018, 2:42 PM

Thank you,

These were both possible solutions I did not think about.  I have for now however, created a media agent VM and shared the cloud library with it and put a scheduled throttle policy between the main media agent server and the VM media agent.  Seems to be doing what I need for now - and this is really just a tempoary setup I need until I'm done seeding the backlog of backups in there.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2018 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy