Client CIDR Address

Last post 02-14-2018, 11:37 AM by ameykarandikar. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Client CIDR Address
    Posted: 02-13-2018, 3:45 AM

Hello, I have again a problem with the smart client group rule "Client CIDR Address Range". I created a group with the rule to add clients with the subnet 172.19.120.0,21 to this smart client group. But some clients do not appear in this group. For example I have a client with the ip address 172.19.121.38 and it will be not assigned to this group. Other clients in this range will be assigned. The DNS record of this client is also correct.

How does Commvault determine the IP address?

• Re: Client CIDR Address
    Posted: 02-13-2018, 3:29 PM
    Hi
    We try to determine IP address on the client and use that for matching the rules.
    At this point, can you please escalate a TR and we can check it further.

Thanks
    Bhavyan
  • Re: Client CIDR Address
    Posted: 02-14-2018, 11:37 AM
    Hi

Wondering if you would be able to create a TR and have the CE staged it for us to have a look at it, we can look into further why their is an anomaly in the SCG's behavior.
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2018 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy