I unable to restore a VM directly to vcenter

Last post 02-21-2018, 5:24 PM by MWR_COMM. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • I unable to restore a VM directly to vcenter
    Posted: 02-13-2018, 5:00 AM

Hello expert,

I unable to restore a VM directly to vcenter, i receive the following error in the vcenter:

Faulting application vsrst.exe, version 11.100.1000.1879, time stamp 0x5a2f4882, faulting module VirtDisk.dll, version 6.0.6002.19594, time stamp 0x56ac240d, exception code 0xc0000135, fault offset 0x00000000000b7e68, process id 0x1c98, application start time 0x01d3a3e546089e9f.

What's happend? I have the latest version and update of commvault.

Someone can help me please?

• Re: I unable to restore a VM directly to vcenter
    Posted: 02-14-2018, 8:11 PM

Hi

Can I ask what OS version you are using for your VSA proxy? The supported OS's are listed below

-Microsoft Windows Server 2016

-Microsoft Windows Server 2012R2 x64 Editions

-Microsoft Windows Server 2012 x64 Editions

-Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 Editions

We have seen vsrst crash previously because of VirtDisk.dll when using a 2008 standard VSA proxy

Regards

Miles

Posted: 02-15-2018, 10:04 AM

Hi Miles,
    yes i have windows 2008 in the VCENTER, there is some workaround to fixit?  I can't upgrade the OS :(

regards

Franco

Posted: 02-15-2018, 9:15 PM

Hi Franco

Unfortunately, the VirtDisk.dll is a Microsoft OS dll that the VMware VDDK relies on for disk operations. The 2008 version doesn't contain the required functions that we need. You could possibly copy this dll from a later OS version as a test but I would advise again that 

The 2008 VSA proxy that you are using, is this also your Media Agent, or is it just used as a VSA proxy?

If your Microsoft licensing permits and you only use this 2008 server as your VSA proxy then upgrading to at least 2012 R2 would be the best solution. If your VSA proxy is also your vCenter then using a separate proxy on a later OS would also be another solution

Kind Regards

Miles

Posted: 02-20-2018, 4:33 AM

Hi Miles,

thanks for answer, the windows 2008 it's only use like VSA Proxy and vcenter.

Regards

Franco

Posted: 02-21-2018, 5:24 PM

Hi Franco

Are you able to either provision a new VM or leverage an existing VM and install the Commvault VSA IDA onto this? Preferably 2012 R2 or 2016. You can then select this new proxy at restore time to complete the restore

Cheers

Miles 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2018 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy