Restore DR Backup from HDPS to CV Generic

Last post 02-20-2018, 10:21 AM by parag. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Restore DR Backup from HDPS to CV Generic
    Posted: 02-13-2018, 5:23 AM

Hi,

Is it possible to restore a DR Backup from an HDPS environemt to a new installaion with Commvault original Software without changing the symbols in the GUI?

A customer wants to migrate from HDPS to Commvault Generic and he doesn´t want to see the HDS Logo in the software.

Are there any ideas out there?

BR

Mario

• Re: Restore DR Backup from HDPS to CV Generic
    Posted: 02-13-2018, 8:23 AM

This is due to the license OEM definitions.
    I don't know if they accept a change in license as I can assume there are policy restrictions regarding this subject, but you could contact Licensekey@commvault.com and ask if this can be changed.

Posted: 02-13-2018, 11:00 AM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 02-20-2018, 3:22 PM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Yup, suggest to also reach the account team, they can walk you thru the options available.

Posted: 02-14-2018, 2:01 AM

Hi, 

thank´s for your answers. To Activate the License is not the challenge. 

But i want to know if it is possible to restore a DR Backup from an HDPS Config to an Commvault Generic Installation without changing the Icons in the GUI.

I have tested that in my Test lab and the restore worked but after the restore i see the Hitachi Logo and not the Commvault one.

BR

Mario

Posted: 02-14-2018, 3:54 AM

Hi Mario,

This is not a matter of license activation in a regular sence, you will need an altered license file with different OEM settings which you will need to import during the DR process.

This will result in the logo removal.

Posted: 02-20-2018, 4:05 AM

Hi Jos1982_NL, we are going to have project of migrating from HDPS to CV.

after reading above replies, I believed HDPS DRset restore to CV and Logo changing are not the issues.

I am more concern on, after migration is completed, do we need to perform uninstallation of HDPS and reinstall with CV software on the clients? 

as such, are the backup data/ stubs protected using HDPS are recoverable under new migrated CommServe?

Thanks if you or anyone here could share some migration experience with me, tq very much

Posted: 02-20-2018, 10:21 AM

Do not reinstall clients.    You will be able to recall older stubs/data.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2018 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy