CommVault Forums

Solving Forward - Solving Together
Welcome to CommVault Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in

Netware server backup jobs failed with error code: 19:1109

Last post 01-07-2011, 11:07 AM by cityboy. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Netware server backup jobs failed with error code: 19:1109
    Posted: 01-05-2011, 10:33 AM

Some of my netware backup jobs are in Pending with Delay Reason: Please check the log files for this job for more details.

I uninstalled and re-installed the client, ran all updates but the jobs continue fail for the same reason.

• Re: Netware server backup jobs failed with error code: 19:1109
    Posted: 01-05-2011, 10:35 AM

What % are they pending at?

This can give some clue as to where to start the troubleshooting process.

Thanks

db2004

Posted: 01-05-2011, 10:37 AM

to follow off Dan's post

What version of Netware?

Is the Simpana v8 SP5?

Would it be possible to attach the "galaxy.log" from the netware server?

Posted: 01-05-2011, 10:55 AM

Here's the log, Stephen. You may need to change the file extension back to LOG.  For DB2004, I have couple jobs fail at 25% and couple jobs fail at 0%.

Yes, it's Simpana v8 at SP5

Attachment: GALAXY.txt
    Posted: 01-05-2011, 11:17 AM

Hello,

It looks like the attachment is missing.  Can you re-send?  In the meantime, please check name resolution (Client is able to resolve to the short-name and FQDN of the MediaAgent and CommServe; CommServe and MediaAgent is able to resolve the short-name and FQDN of the Client).  Please also let us know if there is any firewalls between these machines and you will also want to check the NIC binding order on these machines as well.

JW

Posted: 01-05-2011, 11:18 AM

cityboy,

It appears this server was able to backup using the cvadmin login for job 110403

12/30 20:47:31   110403 WARNING  CLBackup   CLBackData   Connected to SMS Object as .CN=cvadmin

In the recent jobs the log is showing a failure to login message for this user

0 1533  01/05 09:46:50   110546 WARNING  CVSMS      CVSMS        Cannot login as user .CN=cvadmin.
    0 1533 01/05 09:46:50 110546 WARNING CVSMS CVSMS Please check password.

Can you check the password for connecting to this client?

Stephen

Posted: 01-06-2011, 9:04 AM

Do those credentials work with tsatest?

I thought the tsa required the username in dot notation i.e. .admin.treename!

Posted: 01-07-2011, 11:07 AM

Yes, Stephen..it was the password! Odd! other netware servers back up had no issues. I don't know why the password issue happened since it was not changed. However, re-type in the password fixed the problems. Thank you all of you to respond.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of CommVault Systems, Inc. ("CommVault") and CommVault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, CommVault.
CommVault, CommVault and logo, the “CV” logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2014 CommVault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy