Personnal Report following Backup

Last post 06-12-2018, 4:40 AM by Mickael.LEDUC. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Personnal Report following Backup
    Posted: 06-08-2018, 5:30 AM

Hi everyone, 

i'm looking for the bast way to send (very simple ) report each morning in order to indicate the status of the night backup job. 

We have almost 1600 laptop, so I would like to send a direct report to user regarding only their own computer. 

I've tried workflow, but I'm not sure it's the simpliest way. 

Some advice ? 

Thanks

• Re: Personnal Report following Backup
    Posted: 06-09-2018, 5:54 PM

Hi Mickael.LEDUC

Have you tried to configure a schedule for Job Summary Report creation? - https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=39629.htm

With this setup, a report will be created at a specific time every morning to generate a Job Summary Report of the 1600 laptop. 

The only problem here, is that you won't have individual report for each Laptop, if you want individual Job Summary Report, you miight have to creat individual schedule for generating each report. 

Otherwise, there should be some qoperation or qcommand that could achieve a similar result 

Hopefully that helps

Thank you 

Winston

Posted: 06-11-2018, 3:48 AM

Hi Winston 

Thanks for your help. 

Currently, I'm working on a web consoel report, which can be look cool, and more up to date than a legacy report. 

But, I'm still trying to deal with the individual generate process of report, which seem even more difficult with web console report. 

I'm also looking into the Worskflow, hope it will avoide me of creating 1600 schedule of report creation. 

Hope to find a solution, steal searching. 

Thanks again. 

Posted: 06-11-2018, 11:18 AM

Hello Mickael, Can you confirm if you are you looking to schedule report for each user for his Laptop(s).

Thanks

Venkat 

Posted: 06-12-2018, 4:23 AM

Hello Venkat, 

Yep, it's excatly waht I'm looking for. 

Posted: 06-12-2018, 4:40 AM

Hello Venkat, 

Yep, it's excatly what I'm looking for. 

Posted: 06-12-2018, 4:40 AM

Hello Venkat, 

Yep, it's excatly waht I'm looking for. 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2018 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy