Run one VM Backup in a subclient

Last post 06-14-2018, 11:12 PM by MWR_COMM. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Run one VM Backup in a subclient
    Posted: 06-12-2018, 9:18 AM

Hello All,

I have one subclient and it is containing 15 VM.

I have created one user and I gave some permissions to this user.

When I try to run one VM backup on subclient I get an error about permissions. Which permission should I give to this user?

Best Regards.

• Re: Run one VM Backup in a subclient
    Posted: 06-14-2018, 11:12 PM

Hi Omer

Are you talking about user permission within Commvault to run VM backups or the service account that you are using to connect to vCenter. 

For vCenter account permissions please have a look at the link below

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=32134.htm

For CommCell Permissions the user would need Data Protection/Management Operations permissions assigned to the role they are in and then assigned to the VSA client/subclient

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=8407.htm

Let me know if this helps

Thanks

Miles

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2018 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy