list of VSA, media agetns, subcients, and VMs?

Last post 06-18-2018, 6:07 AM by aldog24. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • list of VSA, media agetns, subcients, and VMs?
    Posted: 06-13-2018, 2:17 PM

v11 SP10

Hi,

I am planning on moving a cluster of ESXi hosts to a new vCenter. I need to collect a list of VMs that are being backed up along with which VSA, media agents, and subclients. I look through the available reports but did not find anything that can give me a simple list like this. Is it doable?

Thanks,

• Re: list of VSA, media agetns, subcients, and VMs?
    Posted: 06-18-2018, 6:07 AM

Hello ACPP,

Unfortunately I am not sure if we can pull all of this info in one report. However you could use the Virtual Machine Protection in Last 30 Days Report, to pull the list of VMs and subclients.

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=39215.htm

From here, it would be quite easy to then find the subclients in your console to see if there are any specific VSA proxies configured at a subclient level. If not they will use the proxies configured at your VMWare instance level.

By using both the report and the console, you should be able to find everythingh you are looking for!

Kind regards

Allister

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2018 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy