LiveSync and VM Network IP Configuration

Last post 08-10-2018, 10:40 AM by rpolimera. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • LiveSync and VM Network IP Configuration
    Posted: 08-07-2018, 1:07 PM

Hello Everyone,

I am investigating the differences between VMware SRM and CommVault LiveSync. As of right now, the two product seem to be quite similar as far as an end result is concerned with respect to getting a VM to my DR site on a consistent basis as well as being able to fail-back the VM's back to my primary if needed.

What I can't tell, and I've been digging/watching videos all over about this, is if there is a way via CommVault to automatically reconfigure the network adapters on the VM's which are replicated to my DR site via LiveSync.

If I am using LiveSync to replicate the VMs to a DR site, will I have to manually touch each VM to set the new network IP addresses post DR to allow the VM's to function on the network in the DR site? Or, does CommVault have the ability to reconfigure the IP's on the VM's like SRM does?

Sean

• Re: LiveSync and VM Network IP Configuration
    Posted: 08-10-2018, 10:40 AM

hi Sean

Network settings can be configured as part of the LiveSync.

Please look at the documentation link http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=32078.htm

search for network settings in this page.

you can define the source to destination network mapping and also IP address mapping.

Thanks

Rajesh

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2018 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy