In regards to your questions (answers in-line):
(1) will the copied data be removed from the destination automatically? I'm guessing not since it's been two days and it's still there;
- Answer - Move Mount Path is an operation which is more of a "copy" operation (at first). In a scenario where Move Mount Path does complete successfully, the Source Mount Path will be cleaned up within 24 hours. However for a failed attempt the Destination will not clean up automatically.
(2) is it safe to manually clean up the destination and try the move again
- Answer - as the Move Mount Path did not complete successfully, the CommServe will still be referencing the old Mount Path. So it will be safe to remove the contents of the new Mount Path and re-ran the Move Operation.
- Note - it is only in the final phase of Move Mount Path, where the Mount Path (Source) and Destination is verified, before the CommServe DB is updated to point to the new location.
As the original Move Mount Path failed, I would recommend to investigate the cause as well, because it wont feasible to re-run the operation and wait for 8-9 days and it fails again.
Hopefully the above details helped