Backing up lots of large files

Last post 08-13-2018, 2:28 PM by jszutarski. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Backing up lots of large files
    Posted: 08-10-2018, 4:36 PM

I have a directory on a NAS that our video department uses to store their videos.   most of the files are 1 gig and higher.

Are there any settings that I can modify to help speed the backup job up?

I have the backup jobs routed to go over a backup vLan (10 gig) but there are times when I see the "Current Throughput" slow down to 5 GB/hr and other times 200 GB/hr.

It takes me over a week to do a full backup of arbout 30 TB.

I know deleteing the files would make my backups much faster, but the video people tend to get a bit cranky.

• Re: Backing up lots of large files
    Posted: 08-13-2018, 2:28 PM

There's some basic performance options you can look at on the subclient level:

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=62572.htm

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2018 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy