Shared Laptop - Web Console Access

Last post 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM by Avassys. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Shared Laptop - Web Console Access
    Posted: 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM

Hello Community,

In my company we have some laptop who are shared by multiple users (different Active Directory account), these computers are backup in Laptop configuration, ACLs cataloging is enabled.

We would like each user are able to restore thier own data from webconsole (desktop, documents,etc), if user A connect to Web console, he can only restore these data, data of users 2 are not displayed.

So we tried to configure Owners permissions and add each users, but when we made this changed, all users can access to data of others users from web console.

We tried to used security permissions, it works but only on Commcell Console, in this configuration, users is not able to see the computer on the web console (really bad).

I saw on the admin console, there is an options to share device, but we don't see any change.

Have you any idea how can I resolved my issue?

Thanks in advanced,

Avassys

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2018 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy