Having a slight issue with the v10 method (Webconsole - Analytics - File Analytics) showing the Data Analytics information. Not sure yet whats happening there.
So I started testing with the V11 method of analytics (Webconsole - Analytics - File System) and created a new File System Data Cube.
- Enabled lastaccesstime on the FS of a Windows 2016 server, rebooted
- Created 2 text files
- Performed an online crawl of the file system while text file 1 was excluded
- Created a custom report based on file name and access time, showed the access time of text file 2 as expected
- Removed the exclusion of text file 1 and performed an incremental crawl, this initiates a file scan which should be the same as an incremental backup scan it uses a file system agent to perform this action
- Refreshed the report information and still showing only access time for text file 2
My conclusion is that when performing an incremental backup, only the delta related files are being scanned.
Therefor no file access information is added to the index server for files which have not been changed between the full and the incremental backup.
If you want to index the access time for all files you will need to perform a full backup or use data cube to perform a file system online crawl of the file system locations you want to index.
When I get the v10 method of file analytics working again I will double check, but I really doubt that there will be a different outcome.
Senior Technical Consultant