Web Console and Analytics

Last post 04-24-2019, 4:10 AM by dummyguy. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Web Console and Analytics
    Posted: 10-03-2018, 12:02 PM

Hello,

We have a computer group in which we've run analytics against.  When I login to the Web Console, drill down to File Analytics and then search for the group, the group indicates the appropriate size (66TB) and last analtyics time but after selcting the group, I'm only seeing a small fraction of the total data. (14TB) I even drilled down futher and confirmed it's not seeing all the servers as well.  Does anyone know why this is happening or have any suggestions?  I've tried refreshing my browser, using a different browser, different computer and restarting the web server on the Commserve but continue to see the same results.  I have no idea why I'm seeing such a huge difference between what the group reports and what is reported when I click into the group.  Please advise.

Thanks,

- Bill

• Re: Web Console and Analytics
    Posted: 10-03-2018, 1:24 PM

Hi Bill,

The value 66 TB displays the total size of the data in the backup job. We get that value from the CommSever database. 

When you click on the group name and see the charts that display 14TB, that size is coming from Analytics Engine, which is showing the total size of the data that we have analyzed. 

This means that some jobs have failed to process and hence the mismatch. Please let us know if this makes it clear, why you are seeing this huge difference. 

Posted: 10-03-2018, 1:25 PM

Hi Bill,

The value 66 TB displays the total size of the data in the backup job. We get that value from the CommSever database. 

When you click on the group name and see the charts that display 14TB, that size is coming from Analytics Engine, which is showing the total size of the data that we have analyzed. 

This means that some jobs have failed to process and hence the mismatch. Please let us know if this makes it clear, why you are seeing this huge difference. 

Thanks,

Tirthankar

Posted: 10-03-2018, 1:35 PM

Tirthankar,

Thank you so much for the clarification.  I will now need to work with CV support to troubleshoot why some of the servers are failing analytics.

Posted: 10-03-2018, 1:52 PM

I just ran analtyics for one of the servers that was failing and I'm seeing the following in the logs on the index server.  Is this relevant?  Any ideas?  Thanks!

96472 30ac8 10/03 12:49:29 4369527 NetMessage::verifyResponseHeader() - Error Code [655362] returned - [Error decrypting password].
    196472 30ac8 10/03 12:49:29 4369527 ClientInterfaceNet::lookup() - Error decrypting password
    Posted: 10-03-2018, 4:34 PM

The error seems to be at the network layer. To resolve this we may have to know your commvault architecture. Probably some network communication failing could lead to what issue you are facing. In the interest of time, i would ask you to get in touch with support. 

Posted: 04-24-2019, 4:10 AM
    del
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy