VMWare Backup performance is low after update to Service Pack 12

Last post 01-08-2019, 9:28 AM by kamil_S4E. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • VMWare Backup performance is low after update to Service Pack 12
    Posted: 01-08-2019, 8:01 AM

Hello,

My client has updated the CommCell environment to Service Pack 12. After that, he noticed that VMWare Backup performers is very low. Nothing more was changed in the environment, all settings are still the same. SAN is used as a storage. The MA and client work on SP12 as well.

Does anyone have a similar issue?

I have checked the logs, but I cannot see any errors associated with this issue. I have also searched the documentation, but I have not found any hotfix that solves this problem. Is it possible that SP12 couses this issue?

• Re: VMWare Backup performance is low after update to Service Pack 12
    Posted: 01-08-2019, 9:00 AM

Hello,

We're having the same problem.

Overall troughput of a media agent has dropped with 50%.

Aux copies were > 4 Tb/hr went < 1Tb/hr and vsa (san) backup copies were about 600Gb/hr and now about 200 - 300.

We've opened a case, and that is stretched to the limit

We are about the enter registry keys for the performance maybe that will help.

Of course, nothing has change, only the continuesly patching of microsoft/hp patches.

Regards,

Posted: 01-08-2019, 9:07 AM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 06-14-2019, 1:57 PM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Master
    • Points 1,621

What is the VDDK being used in the vsbkp.log? 

Posted: 01-08-2019, 9:28 AM

It's VDDK602

16536 244c  01/06 16:31:22 623693 CVMDiskInfo::LoadVDDKLibrary() - Successfully loaded VDDK Lib (vixDiskLib.dll) from C:\Program Files\Commvault\ContentStore\Base\VMware\VDDK\VDDK602\bin\vixDiskLib.dll
    16536 244c 01/06 16:31:22 623693 CVMDiskInfo::LoadVDDKLibrary() - Successfully loaded VDDK Lib (vixMntApi.dll) from C:\Program Files\Commvault\ContentStore\Base\VMware\VDDK\VDDK602\bin\vixMntApi.dll
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy