Subclient FileSystem Content

Last post 05-23-2019, 2:13 AM by jvaldez. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Subclient FileSystem Content
    Posted: 01-27-2019, 2:06 PM
    Hi, how can I read the Subclient FileSystem Content from a client with a workflow task? I tried it already with an ExecuteOperation Task with this inputXML:

<App_GetSubClientPropertiesRequest>
    <association>
    <entity>
    <appName>File System</appName>
    <backupsetName>defaultBackupSet</backupsetName>
    <clientName>ClientName</clientName>
    <instanceName>DefaultInstanceName</instanceName>
    <subclientName>SubClientBackupContent</subclientName>
    </entity>
    </association>
    </App_GetSubClientPropertiesRequest>

But when I read the output variable (xpath:{/workflow/ReadSubclientContent/outputXml}) I get this output:

<App_GetSubClientPropertiesResponse>
    <subClientProperties>
    <subClientEntity appName="File System" backupsetName="defaultBackupSet" clientName="ClientName" instanceName="DefaultInstanceName" subclientName="MyBackupContent"/>
    <commonProperties allowVssForSnapbackup="false" enableBackup="true" enableBackupAfterDelay="false" encryptionFlag="ENC_NETWORK_AND_MEDIA" indexingBackupSubClient="false" isActivityDisabledFromPolicy="false" isAdAppAwareSubclient="false" isDefaultSubclient="true" isKeepItemPastExpiryTime="true" isTrueUpOptionEnabled="false" isTurboSubclient="true" lastBackupSize="3281629078" lastBackupTime="1548499957" nextBackupTime="1549090800" numberOfBackupStreams="2" readBuffersize="512" runAs="CV_NO_SELECTION" runTrueUpJobAfterDays="30" subClientPropertiesFlag="0" totalBackupSize="3281629078">
    <prepostProcess runPostBackup="NO" runPostLog="NO" runPostScan="NO">
    <prepostUserName/>
    </prepostProcess>
    <storageDevice applicableReadSize="512" networkAgents="1"

It seems that the string variable will be cut off. However I just want the read the content of a Subclient. How must be the XML input look like? Thank you for your help!!!
  • Re: Subclient FileSystem Content
    Posted: 01-28-2019, 9:27 AM

You can read the xml output using either of the XPathQuery activities or the ForEachXML if you need to iterate through elements.

The xml is most likely not truncated like this, it's just that if you are viewing the xml output from the log file, we only print the first few bytes of the string on default logging level to keep a massive output like this from filling up the log.

Regards

Posted: 01-28-2019, 2:59 PM

Hi,

thank you very much! I'm one step further.

I extract now the XML output from my Execute Activty with ForEachXML. The output is like this:

<message subclientPolicyPath="C:\Users\**\desktop8.ndk" class="workflow.types.XML" _list_="false" />
    <message subclientPolicyPath="C:\Users\**\workspace" class="workflow.types.XML" _list_="false" />
    etc...

But how can I output only the subclientPolicyPath like "C:\Users\**\desktop8.ndk", etc. I tried it with XPathQuery in the ForEachXML loop with the xpath "/message/subclientPolicyPath". But there is no output. How must be the xpath?

Posted: 05-23-2019, 2:13 AM

subclientPolicyPath is an Attribute, see the xpathQuery section in BOL

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11_sp15/article?p=49663.htm

example XML response:

<TMMsg_CreateTaskResp taskId="337364"><jobIds val="1128439" /></TMMsg_CreateTaskResp>

Xpath Query for Val is:

/TMMsg_CreateTaskResp/jobIds[1]/@val

yours would be :

/message/@subclientPolicyPath

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy