Transition from CommServe Failover with DNS to CommServe Failover with Microsoft OS Cluster

Last post 03-13-2019, 7:40 AM by omer. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Transition from CommServe Failover with DNS to CommServe Failover with Microsoft OS Cluster
    Posted: 03-06-2019, 5:19 AM

Hello All,

CommServe and MA is the same physical server in the customer environment. They want to separate CommServe and MA to a different server. Also, CommServe has been configured as Commserve failover with DNS. You can check the configuration from the following article:

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=features/disaster_recovery/t_configure_failover_with_dns.htm

After the separation operation, the customer wants to configure the new CommServe as Microsoft OS Cluster.

First of all, is this operation can be possible?

If yes, is there any procedure to follow the whole configuration?

Best Regards.

• Re: Transition from CommServe Failover with DNS to CommServe Failover with Microsoft OS Cluster
    Posted: 03-06-2019, 6:35 AM

Hi Omer 

After the separation of the CommServe and MediaAgent, you can follow the below Documentation to assist to move from a Non-Clustered CommServe to a Microsoft Failover Cluster Setup

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=4788.htm

Regards

Winston

• Re: Transition from CommServe Failover with DNS to CommServe Failover with Microsoft OS Cluster
    Posted: 03-06-2019, 6:42 AM

Hello Winston,

Thank you for the quick response. 

As I mentioned above, there is already a DNS failover configuration done. Do I need to de-configure DNS failover or it doesn' t matter?

Best Regards.

Posted: 03-07-2019, 7:35 AM

Hi Omer 

I do not believe the DNS failover matters when setting up the DR Cluster

Regards

Winston

Posted: 03-13-2019, 7:40 AM

Hello Winston,

I have already 2 CommServe(CommServe A and CommServe B) and I' m already using them with DNS failover.

Can I use this 2 CommServe(CommServe A and CommServe B) for Microsoft OS Cluster or do I need to install new CommServe?

Best Regards.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy