Commvault will not automatically reuse media

Last post 03-15-2019, 7:23 PM by Wwong. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Commvault will not automatically reuse media
    Posted: 03-14-2019, 9:50 AM

We have a weekly full backup to tape with 4 tape drives. The tape policy is set to 4 streams with multiplexing of 5 streams. The "Start New Media" option under the schedule policy media tab is not checked.

The problem we are having is that Commvault never asks for the active media after it is done with it, even if the tape is not full. This occurs even when it is looking for the exact same stream number as the active media. E.g. it will ask for a new scratch of stream 2, even though there is an active stream 2 that was used previously.

This behaviour is new. About a year and a half ago it was working correctly, where it would request the active tapes instead of a new one. Unforunately, I was both new to the job and new to commvault at the time, so I wasn't really in the loop as to what might have changed. Recently I've been poring through all the settings to try and figure out how to fix this, and am coming up blank.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this?

• Re: Commvault will not automatically reuse media
    Posted: 03-15-2019, 7:23 PM

Hi kuritzo 

This is a weird one, can we please confirm what Version and Service Pack?

Has their been any recent changes around the time whne the issue started occurring?

I would recommend opening a ticket with support so they can investigate further and review the different setitngs, to see if their are any new changes 

Regards

Winston 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy