can i put password for SQL database Client when try to restore backup

Last post 03-16-2019, 10:23 AM by sgoswami. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • can i put password for SQL database Client when try to restore backup
    Posted: 03-15-2019, 1:47 AM

hello everyone !

can some one help me to resolve following issue.

"can i put password for SQL database Client when try to restore backup" 

( Our company HR deparment, they want to restrict their database restoration from all users.they asked abouve requrement from us)

• Re: can i put password for SQL database Client when try to restore backup
    Posted: 03-15-2019, 6:42 AM

If you are using an AD  service account for backups in the first place, you eliminate the need for what you ask for.

Our MSSQL instances are setup with s_inf_mssql_backup or some other service user. MSSQL -> INSTANCE -> Properties -> Account -> Impersonate user.

Regards

Martin R.A.
    Advanced Operations Engineer
    Posted: 03-15-2019, 8:25 AM

i will try that.

thank you very much !!Smile

Posted: 03-16-2019, 10:23 AM

Alternatively,

You could also deploy the business logic workflows 

GetAndProcessAuthorization

https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/softwarestore/#!/136/670/11093

RestoreRequestAuthorization

https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/softwarestore/#!/136/670/11343

Once deployed, all restores would require Approval from the predefined users who could approve the requests.

Approvals are sent via emails, and can be approved from emails [ redirected to webconsole with request details ]

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy