Error viewing Backup Set Name of SAP HANA agents in Commcell console

Last post 04-23-2019, 11:05 AM by Sunil Telagamsetti. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Error viewing Backup Set Name of SAP HANA agents in Commcell console
    Posted: 04-23-2019, 9:32 AM

Hello!

We have SAP Hana agents configured to create database backups. SAP Hana version 2.0. When trying to view the Backup Set Name list for some agents, we encounter an error.

From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > pseudo client> SAP HANA >instance and we get an error "XML error: please refer to logs for more details".

The Backup Set Name list contains no data about the system and tenant database. Before that, everything worked. This error occurs only with a part of clients.

You can watch the video, how it happens https://drive.google.com/open?id=11Wx6PH3QOhk5QemzgiK10t1lDESa1yxL

How can this problem be solved?

Version 11 SP15 HPK6

• Re: Error viewing backup set Name Name of sap hana agents in Commcell console
    Posted: 04-23-2019, 10:11 AM

Hello,

This seems to be because some duplicate entries in CommServ database. Can you please run the attached qscript to cleanup the duplicates?

Extract the attached zip file and run the below command.

qscript -f removeDupClientProp.sqle

Thanks,

Sunil-

Posted: 04-23-2019, 10:12 AM
    • efg is not online. Last active: 10-16-2019, 2:21 PM efg
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-02-2010
    • CommVault Tinton Falls NJ
    • Master
    • Points 1,678

I took a look at the video.  IT looks like the tenant databases were not discovered/configured to the instance.  Try this...  in the Java Console, right click on the instance, select "All Tasks" and then "Discover Databases".  Wait for a couple minutes and then try and refresh the console to see if the tenant databses show up.  Also, are you running the Java console from the commserver or is it a separate install (GUI only) on a workstation or desktop?   If the latter can you try the same process directly from the commserver?  (I'm thinking if this is a console running from a workstation, it may need to be updated)

Let us know if any of this helps...

Ernst F. Graeler
    Senior Engineer III
    Development
    Posted: 04-23-2019, 10:19 AM

efg:

I took a look at the video.  IT looks like the tenant databases were not discovered/configured to the instance.  Try this...  in the Java Console, right click on the instance, select "All Tasks" and then "Discover Databases".  Wait for a couple minutes and then try and refresh the console to see if the tenant databses show up.  Also, are you running the Java console from the commserver or is it a separate install (GUI only) on a workstation or desktop?   If the latter can you try the same process directly from the commserver?  (I'm thinking if this is a console running from a workstation, it may need to be updated)

Let us know if any of this helps...

We tried running Discover database. The same error occurs. 
    Console launched on Commserve

Posted: 04-23-2019, 10:24 AM

Can you try the qscript I gave in my ealier reply?

Thanks,

Sunil-

Posted: 04-23-2019, 10:45 AM

Sunil Telagamsetti:

Can you try the qscript I gave in my ealier reply?

Thanks,

Sunil-

The script helped.

Thank!

Posted: 04-23-2019, 11:05 AM

Wonderful.. thanks for updating.

Thanks,

Sunil-

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy