Livesync Domain Controllers fail with 0xc00002e2

Last post 05-03-2019, 4:53 AM by ricardoduarte. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Livesync Domain Controllers fail with 0xc00002e2
    Posted: 04-27-2019, 7:36 AM

Hi there,

My LiveSynced Domain Controllers are not booting. They show a BSOD with error 0xc00002e2.

The strange thing is that they will boot after the first full sync, and also boot if being restored.

They just stop booting after the first incremental sync.

I tried both AppAware and COnsistent backup types, but the same error always shows.

Any idea how to make this work?

Thanks

• Re: Livesync Domain Controllers fail with 0xc00002e2
    Posted: 04-30-2019, 4:57 PM

Is AD on a drive other than C:\?

Posted: 04-30-2019, 5:06 PM

Yes. It's on E:

One thing that seems to fix this was to set the replicas to Thick Lazy Zeroed. This is something that is said on the documentation, but only for Domain Controllers.

Now I wonder if all my other LiveSync replicas, that are using Thin Provisioning, are experiencing some silent corruption like this DC seem to face (just not silent tho).

Posted: 05-02-2019, 5:44 PM

Why replicate a DC when Windows domain controllers are already self replicating?

I have had success with full VM backups of domain controllers being restored as full VMs using CommVault, but only on isolated test networks so they can't see themselves or see the other DCs.  You want to make sure you don't inadvertently try to roll the clock backwards.

Instead of using Commvault to replicate a DC as a VM, you could just set up another DC on the network you're replicating to and let the domain be a domain.  If you want to configure how often it syncs with the other DCs, there are windows admin programs to do that.  

Posted: 05-03-2019, 4:53 AM

I'm fully aware how AD works.

But I'm not able to have an active DC on my DR site.

Also, I am fully aware that I should keep the network isolated to not mess with replication of active DCs.

Fact is, LiveSync does not work when using thin provisioning for the DC replicas. I can replicate it 100% on both prod or test.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy