Retire old MediaAgent, use new Base Folder

Last post 05-13-2019, 6:10 AM by chelydridae. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Retire old MediaAgent, use new Base Folder
    Posted: 05-10-2019, 10:07 AM

To offload the MediaAgent load from a certain server, I created a new MediaAgent server with a new MountPath to a existing UNC shared disk device.

My idea was, to let the old base folder age out and then retire the old MediaAgent. But up to now new backups are still written to the old base folder, while the new one keeps empty.

To illustrate some screenshots:

It shows the library **prd_smb_bck8_dl05, with the MountPaths of both MediaAgents **prdcvlt01 and old **prdsiem01.

In Expert Storage I see the Base Folders:

How do I change the folder to be used by the Device_1003, or how do I get rid of the old MediaAgent **prdsiem01?

Thanks for all the hints.

• Re: Retire old MediaAgent, use new Base Folder
    Posted: 05-11-2019, 12:59 PM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 06-14-2019, 1:57 PM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Master
    • Points 1,626

You shoulde be able to share the drives to the new media agent. 

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=9319.htm#o106187

Posted: 05-11-2019, 4:40 PM
    Please enable the option "Disabling Write Operations on a Mount Path" .in the old mount path . With this new option backups will use the new Mount path going forward.

Please refer this document . Please let us know if you need more information

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11_sp15/article?p=9319.htm#o9379
    Rajiv Kottomtharayil
    Developer,Commvault
    Posted: 05-11-2019, 4:44 PM

Please enable the option "Disabling Write Operations on a Mount Path" .in the old mount path . With this new option backups will use the new Mount path going forward. 

Please refer this document . Please let us know if you need more information 

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11_sp15/article?p=9319.htm#o9379

Thanks

Karthik

Posted: 05-13-2019, 6:10 AM

Thank you for your appreciated input.

The paths are already shared - therefore I think, I could easily stop sharing for the old Media Agent.

But to keep things clear I follow the other suggestion and disable the old path for new data.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy