How to clean up old IndexBackup subclients & jobs

Last post 05-13-2019, 7:49 AM by Wwong. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • How to clean up old IndexBackup subclients & jobs
    Posted: 05-10-2019, 1:27 PM

Hello, I am migrating to new hardware and notice my old media agents (INF-SRV56 at the DR site, INF-SRV57 at the primary site) have subclients named IndexBackup.  On the Properties > Activity Control screen, both of these subclients are have Enable Backup unchecked.  The job history for both subclients contain jobs from late 2017 to May 2018.

It is my understanding (from https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=10784.htm) that these subclients and their associated jobs are no longer required.  My question is:  How do I clean these up?  Do I:
    > Delete the IndexBackup subclient from INF-SRV56
    > Delete the IndexBackup subclient from INF-SRV57
    > Delete the DDBBackup-DRSite-MSA storage policy

Thanks for your help.

Ken

• Re: How to clean up old IndexBackup subclients & jobs
    Posted: 05-13-2019, 7:49 AM

Hi Ken_h

Assuming the Old media agents (INF-SRV56 at the DR site, INF-SRV57 at the primary site) are not in-use, and does not consist of any Index Data (all Backup is going to new MediaAgent), since the IndexBackup Subclient exist, this is using V1 Index, you can safely remove the the un-use subclients. 

Note - when removing the associated Storage Policy, ensure it is only contains Index and DDB (as the naming convention indicates so "DDBBackup-DRSite-MSA storage policy"), do not delete if it consist of any Backup data. 

Once subclients are removed, you can then release the license and deconfigure the MediaAgent. 

• Important Note - their could be other factors such as DDB association, Subclient Association, Disk Library association which will also need to be gracefully removed, before you can completely remove the MediaAgent. 
    Regards
    Winston 
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy