Report on the use of disk library.

Last post 05-16-2019, 8:30 AM by dummyguy. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Report on the use of disk library.
    Posted: 05-13-2019, 5:55 AM

Hello,

Is there a report that shows how much space on the disk subsystem backup copies of a specific client take. How can I make such a report?
    Example: There are several clients. host1, host 2 ... host 15. They are all included in one storage policy. I need information, how much backup does the host3 client take?
    Commvault version 11 SP15 HPK6
  • Re: Report on the use of disk library.
    Posted: 05-13-2019, 8:03 AM

Hi dummyguy 

If you go to Reports in the Commcell and select "Job Summary" this will open up the "Report Selection" Window.

Here you select under "Jobs" section -> "Jobs Summary (Commcell Console)"

• Select the Job Type
    • Select the specific Clients that you are after 
    • Select the associated Storage Policies 
    • Options - you can choose to filter by Incremental/Full/Differential/Synthfull or All 
    • Time Range - specify a time range of when you want your report to start

Then press "Run" 

This will generate a report, specifying each of the "Clients" the amount of associated Backup Jobs per Copy, and how much "Data Written"

Hopefully this helps 

Regards

Winston
  • Re: Report on the use of disk library.
    Posted: 05-16-2019, 8:30 AM

Hello,

Thank you! I think it will suit me.
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy