Restore of windows dedubed files only 0kb

Last post 05-19-2019, 4:05 PM by Flippinger. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Restore of windows dedubed files only 0kb
    Posted: 05-19-2019, 2:25 AM

Hallo CV Forum,

we have some file servers 2016 on which we have enabled the dedublication Feature for the filesystem. So windows is doing the duduplication on that share / virtual disk. We have configured backup to disk via CV. How to recovery files that have been stubed by the windows duplication. When we try to restore the files via CV from the console there the correct size of the files will be display but after restoring them we only restore 0 KB files. That seeams that thes files were deduped by windows.

Can you pleases assist us how to recover?

Best regards
    Philipp

• Re: Restore of windows dedubed files only 0kb
    Posted: 05-19-2019, 2:35 AM

i have found this KB

http://kb.commvault.com/HPV0022

Is it possible to do a live mount of the vmdk file due to fulle recovery? It is a large vmdk disk and recovery of the whole disk would take some time.

Best regards
    Philipp

Posted: 05-19-2019, 10:45 AM

I'm checking on one alternate workaround for you; but your fastest resolution here would be to do a live mount of the VM (not just the VMDK) as that would ensure you have the exact OS version and settings to read the deduplicated files.

Posted: 05-19-2019, 4:05 PM
    Thanks Henry for your investigation helping me to solve this issue.

I already started the do a full recovery of the whole VM but i am interested of an other way instead of live mount. At the moment i am not able to do the live mount i have to check this for the future.

Best regards
    Philipp
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy