Moving all roles and DDB from Media agent to Hyperscale

Last post 08-04-2019, 9:10 AM by Wwong. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Moving all roles and DDB from Media agent to Hyperscale
    Posted: 07-25-2019, 3:38 PM

I just deployed new hyperscales to be using as a media agent. Was working through the normal hardware refresh for media agent -- but noticed you cannot move the DDB from your existing media agent to the hyperscales. 

has anyone made this jump? How do i get the info from my old media agent to hyperscale?

• Re: Moving all roles and DDB from Media agent to Hyperscale
    Posted: 07-25-2019, 6:01 PM

Hi mmagabee

For HyperScale Deployment, it will default to creating a Global DDB with 6 Partition, 2 Partition per Node (assuming 3 Node setup).

Due to the auto-configuration of the GDDB, if you are looking to move your old MediaAgent to HyperScale, I would recommend to create new Copy within your existing Storage Policy, and then perform an Aux Copy to HyperScale. Once Aux Copy is complete promote the new Copy as primary and continue backup 

Hopefully this helps 

Regards

Winston

Posted: 07-31-2019, 12:23 PM

Did that word for word. Works like a champ. Thanks for the push forward. Was on the fence for a bit about that procedure.

Posted: 08-04-2019, 9:10 AM

HI mmagbee

Great to know everything is working 

Regards

Winston 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy