Failed to download binaries for package VCRedist_2017_x64

Last post 07-30-2019, 4:00 PM by Liam. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Failed to download binaries for package VCRedist_2017_x64
    Posted: 07-29-2019, 1:13 PM

Hello

I'm installing a Commvault 11 SP16 onto new server, in isolated environment. Can someone point me to a paper with Firewall Ports / access required to install these hotfixes that come up during the install process. Also, what ports need/should remain open for this Commcell server in the future?

Thanks,

Todd

• Re: Failed to download binaries for package VCRedist_2017_x64
    Posted: 07-29-2019, 3:12 PM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 10-18-2019, 2:25 PM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Master
    • Points 1,724
    Posted: 07-30-2019, 2:37 PM

Thanks, but those are ports for remote client installations. I'm trying to install the commserve server itself for the first time. I see nothing in the Documentation on FW ports.

I'm stuck at Failed to download binaries for package VCREsist_2017x64 ..."try again"

Posted: 07-30-2019, 4:00 PM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 10-18-2019, 2:25 PM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Master
    • Points 1,724

I'd recommend running the download manager that you are using for the installation outside of the isolated enviroment and choosing the option to create a package for another machine. This will allow you to download the all of the different intallation packages including the CommServe and you can copy locally to a target machine or run from a UNC path. 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy