Differential backup option is missing & Full backup option is grayed out.

Last post 08-06-2019, 9:41 AM by Liam. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Differential backup option is missing & Full backup option is grayed out.
    Posted: 08-03-2019, 7:00 AM

Hi all,

When i am trying to manually start a backup job, the differential backup option is missing and the full backup option is grayed out.

This is happening only in one Windows Laptop/Desktop client, all the other clients are ok.

My version is 11 SP15 HPK18.

Client's operating system is Windows 10 Pro.

Commvault packages installed on the client: File System Core and File System.

Any idea?

Thank you,

Geo

Attachment: Capture.JPG
  • Re: Differential backup option is missing & Full backup option is grayed out.
    Posted: 08-04-2019, 3:07 AM

Strange.

Does the client in question have an otherwise healthy history (does it have registered Full backup, have the incrementals been failing, have CV updates been successfully pushed out, is it the same version of the client as the CommServe)?

Also, is it a new client?  I have seen incomplete client registrations that otherwise look ok on the surface which have required the client to be reinstalled.

Posted: 08-04-2019, 3:56 AM

Hi,

The history of the client is healthy, as i see it has registered one full backup and five incrementals which is right according to my policy. All backup jobs are completed succesfully.

The client is updated with version 11 service 15 HotfixPack 18 and has been registered to commvault before 1 month (new client).

Thank you,

Geo

Posted: 08-04-2019, 5:52 AM
    Very interesting.

If the full backup is fairly recent, you could try right-clicking the job and try the resubmit job context menu option just to see if the dialog is the same?
    Posted: 08-04-2019, 9:23 AM

Hi Geo 

Is this by any chance a client which is configured with one-pass/archiving purpose.

As this could explain why this is infinite incremental with Synthetic Full?

Regards

Winston 

Posted: 08-06-2019, 9:41 AM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 10-18-2019, 2:25 PM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Master
    • Points 1,724

Is subclient retention enabled? It would be in the advanced properties of the subclient. 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy