Single folder backup - infinite retention

Last post 08-05-2019, 1:17 AM by Scottyleach. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Single folder backup - infinite retention
    Posted: 08-04-2019, 10:24 PM

Hi All,

What is the best way to go about the above, in CV11 with the Windows file system agent?

I'm already backing up the whole server to SAN with aux copy to cold storage, but I need to retain a once off backup of a single folder infinitely. Do I need a new storage policy and backup set? Can I run a single folder level selective aux copy?

I don't want to change the retention on a full aux copy, as I only need about 100MB worth out of many TB

Many thanks!

• Re: Single folder backup - infinite retention
    Posted: 08-05-2019, 12:01 AM

So when I have had to do this I have created a new Subclient in the Backups set with the Selected folder as the content.

This subclient can be assigned to a infinate retention policy if you have one, otherwise keep it in the same storage policy. Once you run the backup and write it off to cold storage you can mark the backup job iin cold storage as Infinate retention.

You can then remove the new subclient (content will go back into the Catch All defult client), job will still be restorable.

Hope this is usefull

• Re: Single folder backup - infinite retention
    Posted: 08-05-2019, 1:17 AM

Thanks @ranger58! Thats roughly where I was looking. I think you may have put it all together for me! Will run it as soon as the users have finished

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy