Magnetic Disk Library Replacement

Last post 08-13-2019, 7:15 AM by CharlesC. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Magnetic Disk Library Replacement
    Posted: 08-09-2019, 8:48 AM

Hi,

Our current Disk Libraries,  Dell PV MD3660f with MD3060e have reached end of life and are due for repalcement soon. I have been tasked with fascilitaing the replacement when the new dsik libraries arrive. We are currently running V11 SP12 with one disk library at our primary site and an identical unit at our DR site. Daily backup data is transferred to the DR site via Aux copy. We backup to magnetic disk with a 4 week retention period and once a month to teriary with a 12 month retention period.

What is the best method to go about the replacement. Should I add the new disk libraries to Commcell, create new storage policies pointing to the new libraries then backup everything with an initial FULL backup. Aux copy will then copy the new backups to the DR site. I could then allow the data held on the old disk library to expire via pruning.

Any advice ewill be apprecaited.

• Re: Magnetic Disk Library Replacement
    Posted: 08-10-2019, 1:04 AM

Hi CharlesC

There are various ways to replace the current Disk Library, you can consider:

I would recommend to use the Aux Copy operation, as data will be rebaseline in the new GDDB and Library, and this process can be interrupted (and will carry on where it left off). 

See if the above helps and make sense, and reach out if you have any other queries.

Regards

Winston 
  • Re: Magnetic Disk Library Replacement
    Posted: 08-13-2019, 7:15 AM

Thank-you Winston. i will look at both the options.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy