Migrating between Azure storage accounts

Last post 08-16-2019, 1:09 AM by Wwong. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Migrating between Azure storage accounts
    Posted: 08-09-2019, 1:29 PM

Hello,

I'm not finding a whole lot of info to deal with a move between blobs.  We had the help of a consultant to get CV going and at the time of deployment, we needed to open an azure trial account to configure everything with the expectation we would just convert it to our CSP but alas that is not possible.  Were pushing a copy up there for long term storage.  I've copied the data between storage accounts and added a mountpath but I'm stuck there and wondering the best way forward.  I have to believe someone has been through this before.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Re: Migrating between Azure storage accounts
    Posted: 08-10-2019, 1:10 AM

Hi orvs

There are various method to moving between Blob, the simplest option is creating a new BLOB and Copy and Aux Copy the data across. 

However if you are looking to change the Storage Class within the existing BLOB (from Hot to Cold, or Hot to Archive), you can refer to the following documentation - https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=9253.htm

The outcome will be:

• Outcome 1 - Your existing data will stay in the original Storage Class, new data will be written to the new Storage Class (selected)
    • Outcome 2 - update the storage class, engage the Cloud Library Vendor and check whether they can modify the Storage Call on their end (Cloud Vendor usually have a tool which can shift the Commvault written data to a different Storage Class on their backend) -> this is refer to as OAuth authentication
    Hopefully this helps  

Regards 

Winston 

Posted: 08-15-2019, 2:46 PM

Thank you for this info.  This turned out to be a whole lot simpler than i thought it would be.

• Go to the properties of the Azure library, mark it inactive.
    • Use AZ Copy and copy the blob data to a new blob.
    • Modify the properties of the library paths to point to the new blob under the new subscription (Right click the path, properties, sharing, edit each path to use new account, container and access key)
    • Change the Azure library back to active
    This seemed to do the trick. Kudos to the local CV consultant we work with from time to time.
    Posted: 08-16-2019, 1:09 AM

Hi orvs_ren

Thank you for the update 

Great to know you the local CV consultant was able to assist with the migration between Storage Class.

Regards

Winston 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy