SQL Query

Last post 08-27-2019, 9:34 PM by ameykarandikar. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • SQL Query
    Posted: 08-27-2019, 9:48 AM

I need a simple CommServ database query to query a server and let me know if it has an iDataAgent or it's backed up via VADP.

Thanks

Charles Lavender
  • Re: SQL Query
    Posted: 08-27-2019, 2:59 PM

We looked into coming up with one and it might not be as simple as we think Smile have you tried reaching out to personalization? They may be able to help - personalization@commvault.com

Posted: 08-27-2019, 3:23 PM

are you just looking to see if the client is backed up twice?

there is a commcell cleanup report that shows clients with multple schedules that is usefull for that purpose. if it has more than 1 schedule it culd mean two agents are backing it up.

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=38297.htm

Gary Seibak
    Technical Account Manager - Commvault
    Posted: 08-27-2019, 3:46 PM

The cleanup report will not work. I need this CommServ query for a workflow to make a decision on which decommissioning process to run. If the server is backed up via VADP then the VADP workflow will run. If the server has an iDataAgent installed, then the client decommissioning process will run.

Charles Lavender
    Posted: 08-27-2019, 4:55 PM

Hi,

How will you be determining which clients qualify for decommissioning?

Posted: 08-27-2019, 7:28 PM

The server to be decommissioned is selected by the admin or owner of the server. Then a SNOW ticket is generated for the selected server to be decommissioned. I have my workflow completed for the decomissioniung of the servers, however; the SNOW engineer wants to run a query on the CommServ database to determine if the selected server is backed up via VADP or iDataAgent which is needed for his workflow and error checking in SNOW.

Charles Lavender
    Posted: 08-27-2019, 9:34 PM

The simInstalledPackages and simInstalledPackagesHistory tables give you information on software currently installed and previously installed on the system respectively. Absence of any rows in the simInstalledPackages table means that machine currently does not have any commvault software installed and it could mean that it is a vm. Not sure if this is useful for you. Note that the machine may have been earlier backed up using FS but currently uninstalled and also vms could technically have additional packages installed either currently or in the past. If you want to know whether the machine was ever backed up using vadp regardless of any other commvault software installed on it then I will have to find another mechanism for that.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy