Management report for backups with explanations of failures

Last post 10-09-2019, 12:38 PM by AZs68. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Management report for backups with explanations of failures
    Posted: 10-09-2019, 12:03 PM

Hey Guys,

I have been asked to provide a report of our backup activities on a regular basis and also an explanation of why there were any failures, completed with exceptions, killed, etc. 

Just wondering what everyone else might be doing to provide this report information with explanations so I can put something together. 

Thanks in Advance,

Shawn

• Re: Management report for backups with explanations of failures
    Posted: 10-09-2019, 12:29 PM

Hello Shawn,

Please use Backup Job Summary report. you will have an option to filter on Job Status and the report includes failed reason.

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=38065.htm

Thanks

Venkat

• Re: Management report for backups with explanations of failures
    Posted: 10-09-2019, 12:38 PM

Thanks Venkat,

I do work with that report.  I think I was trying to see how other people let their management know from these reports if these errors are important or not and what is being done, if anything, to fix these.

When management sees these reports all they see are errors and may or may not look at the reasons in the report and even so may still not understand and need more explantion.

Just wondering if anyone has had to do this and what format, with the report(s), they would do this.

Thanks,

Shawn

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy