Bug in simpana script in 11 SP16 HPK16

Last post 10-24-2019, 3:12 AM by Ogito. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Bug in simpana script in 11 SP16 HPK16
    Posted: 10-15-2019, 12:58 PM

Having a problem logging this with Support. But it should be fixed asap. I just edited the script and removed the extra "||" on line 1067 and it appears to have fixed it. Not sure how this got through QA.

From Simpana Status (Solaris 11.3 x64 server)

Version = 11(BUILD80) SP16 (2046897)  HPK16(19Sep)

[ Package ]
     1002/CVGxBase 11(BUILD80) = File System Core
     1101/CVGxIDA  = File System

# simpana status
    /usr/bin/simpana: line 1003: syntax error at line 1067: `||' unexpected

Broken:

[ -f /etc/SuSE-release ] || [ "$DISTRIB_ID" = "Ubuntu" ] || || [ "$DISTRIB_ID" = "amzn" ] || [ "$DISTRIB_ID" = "sles" ] || \

Fixed

[ -f /etc/SuSE-release ] || [ "$DISTRIB_ID" = "Ubuntu" ] || [ "$DISTRIB_ID" = "amzn" ] || [ "$DISTRIB_ID" = "sles" ] || \

• Re: Bug in simpana script in 11 SP16 HPK16
    Posted: 10-15-2019, 2:00 PM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 11-11-2019, 9:19 AM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Master
    • Points 1,736

Good catch, ciaranc!

Development is aware of the issue and will be correcting in hotfix pack 17 with update 1495.

https://ma.commvault.com/Article/Details/56706

https://ma.commvault.com/Article/Details/56707

Posted: 10-16-2019, 5:12 AM

This so called bug of the development - brought down enourmous number of agents.

the only resolution is locally to update the client.

We have about 150 linux systems .. do you thing this is normal feature for a fix pack?

Posted: 10-16-2019, 5:35 AM

Please find bellow steps done for recover agent status on our side:

On client locally (ansible will help):

./svc_ctrl -focus Instance001 -start cvd

./svc_ctrl -focus Instance001 -start cvlaunchd

./svc_ctrl -focus Instance001 -start cvfwd

./svc_ctrl -focus Instance001 -start ClMgrS

./svc_ctrl -list -> To check the status of services locally

On Commvault server:

1 -> Check readiness of the clients (need to be OK)

2 -> Download update

3 -> Update Commserve + clients

4 -> Restart commvault service on clients after update

Hope this will help

Posted: 10-16-2019, 7:58 AM

Hi Liam, I too encountered this problem today and fixed it out the same way.  I came here to report the problem, but I can see that this has clearly caused many problems.

Honestly, I am rather baffled that SP16.16 (sept 19) did not get pulled from the downloadcenter as it was passed over in Commvault Books Online, and the next day as SP16.17 (Sept 20) the update which include Hotfix 1495.

Not happy. lol

Posted: 10-24-2019, 3:12 AM

Thanks for this. But to me it is obvious that rooling out a patch with such a bug.. is not serious for a vendor like CV

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy