where to find authcode for qscripts ?

Last post 12-09-2019, 7:14 AM by johanningk. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • where to find authcode for qscripts ?
    Posted: 11-11-2019, 4:48 PM

Hi guys,

is there any hint, where I can find the authcode required to use
    qoperation execscript -sn RepickSnapJobsOnCopy -si <JobID> -si 2 -si <authcode>

It seems to require a numeric only value, but can't find a reference to it in BOL

BR
    Klaus

• Re: where to find authcode for qscripts ?
    Posted: 11-11-2019, 9:29 PM

HI Klaus 

Please refer to my answer from the following thread - http://sso.forum.commvault.com/forums/64404/ShowThread.aspx#64404

Regards

Winston 

Posted: 11-12-2019, 2:23 AM

Hi Winston,

maybe I just didn't find what I was looking for.

Is there another option to manually (via script/commandline) select a Snap Job for BackupCopy ?
    The backupCopy has to be created only for a few, not following a pattern, Snap Backups.

The only option, beside using the GUI, I found, seemed to be the above mentioned script

Regards,
    Klaus

Posted: 11-12-2019, 8:27 PM

Hi Klaus 

For your specific purpose of re-picking the Snaps for Backup Copy, because it relies on the Index structure (and if you re-pick the Snaps out of order their could be issue with the integrity of the data). As a result the RePickSnap script was introduced. 

At the moment to leverage the script you will need to engage Support and Development to get approval with the AuthCode

Regards

Winston 

Posted: 11-13-2019, 6:41 AM

Hi Winston,

maybe I still wasn't able to make my point.

Re-Pick is not exactly what I want, but Pick a SnapBackup for BackupCopy on a StoragePolicy with Manual Selection.

the only way to achieve this I found, is using the GUI.

I need to do this per script since this can be done automatically after the snap backup using the external scheduler / executor used to initiate the SnapBackup

rgds
    Klaus

Posted: 11-17-2019, 7:25 PM

Hi Klaus

What specific Intellisnap IDA is this (NAS, VSA, SQL or others)?

I am assuming you don't want to use the scheduler to automatically pick all the Snapshots for Backup, and have granular control (that is why you are going down the pathway of using script)

Could you show me a screenshot of what you want to achieve here?

Regards

Winston 

Posted: 12-09-2019, 7:14 AM

Hi Winston,

I finally found a Workaround for my problem.

iDA in question is SAPonOracle.
    Some backups also use NetApp OpenReplication w/ SnapVault, therefore I have to use the same StoragePolicy for all Backups targeting the same NetApp Volumes.

But I created a seperate subclient, and activated backupcopy for all jobs in the SP, but associated only the subclients, where BackupCopy is desired.

Now the majority of backups (Snap and Logbackups) are created as "command line" and backups, where a backup copy is required, are triggered using "qoperation execute" script from the client.

Not that I think this is a good solution, but feasable for SAPonOracle (or Oracle), since multiple subclients addressing the same content, can be configured.

Rgds
    Klaus

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy