Intellisnap > Disk Copy > Tape

Last post 11-30-2019, 8:51 PM by Wwong. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Intellisnap > Disk Copy > Tape
    Posted: 11-25-2019, 6:32 PM

I'm doing my best to understand but it's hard.

Having trouble understanding where in the process of creating snapshots with Intellisnap I can set the schedule time to kick off the Tape backups, say 8pm Friday Nights?

Do I need to create a schedule Policy or is it set somewhere else in the process?

Is there a summary of steps somewhere? I find it very difficult to plow through the documentation for this 'simple' process.

• Re: Intellisnap > Disk Copy > Tape
    Posted: 11-26-2019, 6:26 AM

Hi Smartodd

I believe you are looking to do a Backup Copy after the SnapShot is created on the Array?

Refer to the following https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=35216.htm

Regards

Winston

Posted: 11-28-2019, 10:01 AM

Thanks Winston,

I think this was the key piece I was missing, if I'm not mistaken:

"To pick only full backup jobs that occur at a particular frequency, click Select Full Backups at frequency, and then select the time period at which to pick jobs for backup copy:

• For Daily or Hourly full backups, select the time at which the day begins.
    • For Weekly full backups, select the day on which the week begins."
    If I understand correctly, the Automatic Aux copy checks every 30mins and ONLY when it sees this Weekly Full Backup (Tape) job / setting it kicks off the backup to Tape - Have I got that right?
    Posted: 11-30-2019, 8:51 PM

Hi Smartodd

Yes that correct, the scheduling aspect is definitely the way to go in managing how and when an Aux Copy should be initiated. 

Regards

Winston 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy