Copy backup from disk to tape

Last post 12-08-2019, 2:26 AM by Wwong. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Copy backup from disk to tape
    Posted: 11-27-2019, 6:12 PM

Hi,

We are using CommVault 11 SP15. The main backup goes to a disk library and every month, we export the last full backup to tape. The configuration has been configured by a third party and I can't contact it.

I have two questions :

- I would like to know where is the schedule configuration to export from disk to tape ? I just find a schedule related to the tape aux copy but it runs every 30min. Export to tape is well realised every month at the end of the month but I don't know how to see or reconfigure it.

- Since the SP upgrade from SP12 to SP15, there are some "extras" export to tape, with a small size (2 or 3GB). The job details indicates "Big Data Apps" as source. What is Big Data Apps ?

Thank you !

• Re: Copy backup from disk to tape
    Posted: 12-03-2019, 7:38 AM

On the Storage Policy, you should see the Primary Copy and any other copies. For the suspect copy-to-tape, check the Selective copy tab - perhaps that is where the selection of which jobs to be copied is setup there. The schedule can run every 30 mins but if there's nothing to copy based on this tab's config, nothing will be copied until your final end of month full.

Posted: 12-03-2019, 4:31 PM

Thank you for the answer.

Yes I have a primary copy and 2 aux copy (monthly and yearly).

I can I do to launch manually the monthly or the yearly if they didn't work correctly or if I want a new set of tape for this copy ?

Thank you !

Posted: 12-08-2019, 2:26 AM

Hi NiCo

You can definitely manually trigger an Aux Copy job, which will select all the Jobs that are "To be copied" to be Aux Copied.

Additionally you can also create specific schedules to only run "end of month" or "end of year" or "even on a specific date" and you can then associate the Copy that you would like the schedule to be associated to. 

You don't have to rely on the "System Created Automatic Schedule" this is only in place so all new copies are associated to a schedule, this is to prevent scenarios where users forget to assign a schedule policy 

Regards

Winston 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy