Restore from Secondary Copy

Last post 11-29-2019, 3:30 AM by Keith Lawrence. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Restore from Secondary Copy
    Posted: 11-28-2019, 10:37 AM

I was looking for the option to specify the media agent in which i want to restore from, in this case it is from my secondary copy.  During the restore process i set the data paths to my secondary media agent but once the job starts it shows that its using the primary media agent.

As a test i set my primary media agent offline and tried again and it worked. 

Has anyone seen this before or are there extra steps when chosing restore source?

• Re: Restore from Secondary Copy
    Posted: 11-28-2019, 4:11 PM

Are you restoring from the secondary copy correctly?

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=58197.htm

• Re: Restore from Secondary Copy
    Posted: 11-29-2019, 3:30 AM

Anthony.Hodges:

Are you restoring from the secondary copy correctly?

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=58197.htm

Great, thanks.  I was doing it wrong!

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy