Recovery and LiveSync from Vmware to AWS: Ensure that you are using an AMI that is enabled for ENA

Last post 02-07-2020, 8:46 AM by Sederik. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Recovery and LiveSync from Vmware to AWS: Ensure that you are using an AMI that is enabled for ENA
    Posted: 02-07-2020, 8:46 AM

Greetings!

When performing VM Recovery or LiveSync from Vmware to AWS (Commvault version 11 SP18.5), we get these responses for recoverable machines:

Could not create instance, Enhanced networking with the Elastic Network Adapter (ENA) is required for the 'z1d.xlarge' instance type. Ensure that you are using an AMI that is enabled for ENA

Could not create instance, Enhanced networking with the Elastic Network Adapter (ENA) is required for the 'c5n.large' instance type. Ensure that you are using an AMI that is enabled for ENA.

The Job status is showing like that:

Error Code: [91:273] Description: Unable to create a new instance [****] in zone [eu-north-1b]. [Enhanced networking with the Elastic Network Adapter (ENA) is required for the 't3.small' instance type. Ensure that you are using an AMI that is enabled for ENA.] Source: cv-aws-proxy, Process: vsrst

I've tried using both previously created AMI from a running Windows Server c5 instance and automatically created AMI by Commvault. No difference.

When I take the AMI created by Commvault and try launching an instance from it, the only options I get are d2 and i3. As far as I understand those are the ones that utilize the Intel 82599 VF adapter, not the ENA. I tried configuring destination instance types as one of those during recovery, and it worked. However, those aren't the types that suit me.

What am I doing wrong here? I'm definitely missing something, because if this were the case, this problem would be pretty known and popular. However, I haven't found a single mentioning of anybody having a problem like I do.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy