Supported Outlook for Exchange backups

Last post 02-11-2020, 11:03 AM by Tamara Obermeit. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Supported Outlook for Exchange backups
    Posted: 02-11-2020, 9:21 AM

I am setting up mailbox backups for office 365.  I am having some trouble figuring out what outlook client to select installing on a node.  Does anyone have advice on which outlook client I should use?

----

According to this article, Microsoft will stop allowing anything that is not ProPlus from connecting to it’s O365 tenant space.  This would mean in October of 2020, Outlook 2016 would no longer be able to connect O365.  Does Commvault now support ProPlus or Office 19?

Microsoft also said earlier this year that as of October 2020, users would need to be running either Office 365 ProPlus or Office 2019 clients to continue to connect to Office 365 back-end services. Office 2016, which remains supported by Microsoft until 2025, wouldn't work any more as of October 2020, they said.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-relents-on-office-support-cutoff-dates/

Jim Byrne
    Principal Systems Engineer
    DataPivot Technologies Inc.
    jbyrne@datapivottech.com
    203-631-9236 mobile
  • Re: Supported Outlook for Exchange backups
    Posted: 02-11-2020, 11:03 AM

Hello Jbyrne123,

Outlook 2013 SP1 is supported. There are some known issues with Outlook 2016 particularly with stub recalls, if memory serves. I will inform my teams internally of this end of support from Microsoft. Thank you.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy