Commvault reporting questionnaire

Last post 03-27-2020, 6:15 PM by StorageGuy007. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Commvault reporting questionnaire
    Posted: 03-26-2020, 3:32 AM

I'm new to commvault. My questionnaire is more related to Commvault reporting.

Most of the time I am getting request to generate backup status report for 50 to 60 clients. Usually I have to include Daily; weekly and monthly backup status; schedule time; Start and finish time; retention etc.

1) Is there any simple way to generate report for 50 selective nodes?
    2) include Daily; weekly and monthly backup status; schedule time; Start and finish time; retention; storage policy details in a single report
    3) Backup status report of only VM Snapshot backups. (Excluding normal agent based and Database backups)

Thanks

Amit100

• Re: Commvault reporting questionnaire
    Posted: 03-27-2020, 1:40 AM

Hi Guys,

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 03-27-2020, 11:35 AM

Hi Amit,

I would put those 50 or 60 clients into their own client computer group for reporting purposes. that way you can simply run your report on just that group to get all of the client details at once.

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=59619.htm

Gary Seibak
    Technical Account Manager - Commvault
    Posted: 03-27-2020, 3:49 PM

Thanks Gary. Client computer group is for specific nodes (Static) . I have to generate a report for different node names. Is there any way to copy paste the node names from notepad (Import from node pad) and generate the report other than selecting manually one node at a time which I am doing currently.

Posted: 03-27-2020, 6:15 PM

Hi Amit,

client groups are not always static, you can create smart groups in which the clients are added automatically based on a set of rules , i.e. OS type,node name etc... Hopefully your node names are distinguishable for this need :)

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=4894.htm

for a complete list of rules see here - https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=4907.htm

and now in SP18 you can use wildcards as well - https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=4909.htm

Wildcards Supported in Smart Client Computer Group Rules

The _ (underscore) and the % (percent) wildcards are supported when you create a rule that accepts user-typed text. Use the _ (underscore) to represent a single character and the % (percent) to represent multiple characters. If the text contains an underscore or a percent that should not be used as a wildcard, use a \ (backslash) before the character.

Gary Seibak
    Technical Account Manager - Commvault
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy