In which logfile can i find the Browse and Restore Infos?

Last post 05-28-2020, 12:00 PM by Liam. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • In which logfile can i find the Browse and Restore Infos?
    Posted: 05-05-2020, 3:55 AM

Hi!

Example: You choose a client and use Browse and Restore, a window pops up, and you choose a Time Range and do some other selections, and press view content.

This procedure above, can i find the the Infos what you have selected on the Browse and Restore Window in a logfile? If yes, which one, and where is that logfile located?

Thanks!

BR

• Re: In which logfile can i find the Browse and Restore Infos?
    Posted: 05-07-2020, 2:49 AM

Have you checked Browse.log on commserve machine located on log directory. 

Posted: 05-20-2020, 10:11 AM

Browse.log on the Commserve is a good place to start.

EvMgrS.log on the Commserve generally tracks anything related to the GUI, so also good.

Note that it's not going to always be easy to find the information, many things will listed by ID intead of name.

If you actually get to the point of running the restore and want to check something, most iDAs will let you view restore history and resubmit the job if it is less than 7 days old.

Right-click, resubmit job will bring up a form with the details of the operation.

David

Posted: 05-28-2020, 12:00 PM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 12-04-2020, 12:53 PM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Master
    • Points 1,890

A 'Resubmit' job should show you the selections

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy