Viewing Primary Jobs Contained Within an Aux Copy Job

Last post 05-26-2020, 3:22 PM by dlofstrom. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Viewing Primary Jobs Contained Within an Aux Copy Job
    Posted: 05-26-2020, 10:21 AM

I'm not sure if this is possible, but I'm trying to determine the primary jobs that are contained within an aux copy job. I can find the aux copy jobs by viewing admin job history, but it doesn't show the list of primary jobs that were copied off. Conversely, if I right-click the aux copy task in the storage policy and do view > jobs, it doesn't tell me anything about which aux copy jobs these jobs were assigned to.

I'm trying to find an easy way to make this correlation and it doesn't seem like there is one. 

• Re: Viewing Primary Jobs Contained Within an Aux Copy Job
    Posted: 05-26-2020, 1:31 PM

Hi dlofstrom,

Is there a particular requirement to know which jobs were copied by a particular AuxCopy operation?

You can see which jobs are waiting to be copied by right-clicking on the secondary copy under the Storage Policy and viewing jobs.

Jobs waiting to be copied will have the "To Be Copied" status. Jobs that have been copied will show "Available" status.

Also the jobs in this view will have a Copied Time column so you will be able to see when the job was copied. If you need to know specifically which jobs were copied by an AuxCopy operation, then you could correlate the copied time to a copy job.

David

• Re: Viewing Primary Jobs Contained Within an Aux Copy Job
    Posted: 05-26-2020, 3:22 PM

I had an aux copy job consume 8x the normal capacity over the weekend and I want to review what jobs were included on it. I'm fairly certain I know why (previously skipped jobs had been added) but I'd feel better being able to see exactly what jobs were associated with the aux copy. There's also been scenarios in the past where I'd wanted to review that job was associated with a specific aux copy task. I know I can assume that from the list of jobs associated with the storage copy, but we've also had situations where people messed with subclient associations and we didn't learn about it until much later. In cases like these, it would have been helpful to review these to know how far back things went.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy