Oracle - RMAN - restore from TAG with Control File

Last post 05-27-2020, 10:15 AM by efg. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Oracle - RMAN - restore from TAG with Control File
    Posted: 05-27-2020, 2:28 AM

Hello,

I run backups online with Oracle agent.

I want to backup and restore from TAG.

Day 1 :

backup
    filesperset = 32
    format='92012_%d_%U'
    tag = 'AVANT_MEP'
    (archivelog all not backed up 1 times );

Days 2....10 : many backups

Day 11 :

restore database from tag = "AVANT_MEP";
    recover database;
    alter database open resetlogs;

To restore from tag, I must restore control file from then backup with tag "AVANT_MEP".

restore controlfile from tag= "AVANT_MEP" ; 

I can't find in Commvault. Another solution ?

Thanks.

• Re: Oracle - RMAN - restore from TAG with Control File
    Posted: 05-27-2020, 10:15 AM
    • efg is not online. Last active: 06-25-2020, 8:14 PM efg
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-02-2010
    • CommVault Tinton Falls NJ
    • Master
    • Points 1,730

There are options in the subclient to create a backup tag, as well as in advanced job options (in the oracle options tab)

If you create a tag in the subclient, then all backups from that subclient will use that tag, or you can use advanced job options and add the tag ad-hoc if manually running the job, or create a schedule that uses that tag when the backup runs from that schedule.

There is also an option to use variables as part of the tag name for a given backup.  Here is a link to the documentation:  Oracle Tag Variables

Let us know if this helps.

Ernst F. Graeler
    Senior Engineer III
    Development
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy