Feature request: Select individual Linux packages while creating installer for other computers

Last post 06-01-2020, 12:08 PM by Rasheed. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Feature request: Select individual Linux packages while creating installer for other computers
    Posted: 05-29-2020, 1:24 PM

Hi all,

Our Linux server team is complaining at me because the installer I'm giving them doesn't fit on their tiny partitions.  I'm guessing it contains all the packages, since the installer doesn't let me select packages.  I was told that I could create my own package using a Linux machine, but it's our Windows team that runs Commvault; we don't have a lot of Linux expertise.

It would be great if the installer could allow me to select individual packages for Linux, or even make a File System Core-only version of the Linux installer.

Thanks!

Sheree

• Re: Feature request: Select individual Linux packages while creating installer for other computers
    Posted: 06-01-2020, 12:08 PM

Hi Sheree,

We are already having a plan to support package selection in Windows bootstrapper for Unix package downloads. That will be available in near future.

For now, you can follow one of these methods.

Method 1:

Download the full list of package, access the package on a Unix machine through NFS share and create a custom package to reduce the package size.

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=2027.htm

Method 2:

Configure remote software cache to sync selective OS and packages. That remote cache location can be shared as a custom package.  

Thanks

Rasheed

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy