Indexing V2 and multiple streams per VMDK

Last post 06-01-2020, 12:09 PM by gayathri. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Indexing V2 and multiple streams per VMDK
    Posted: 06-01-2020, 11:27 AM

Hi,

I've migrated most of our VMware environment to a new client which uses Indexing V2, because we have a couple VMs with very large virtual disks and Support told me that Indexing V2 supports muliple streams per VMDK.  But I haven't seen it using multiple streams per VMDK... Is there something I need to do to enable it?

Thanks!

Sheree

• Re: Indexing V2 and multiple streams per VMDK
    Posted: 06-01-2020, 12:09 PM

Hi Sheree,

With Indexing v2, we have the ability to commit each Vm's VMDKs independently and free up the streams to be available for subsequent VMs. We use multiple streams at the VM level along with this to speed up the backup. These 2 should complete larger VMs much faster as compared to V1. Can you please let us know/escalate any slowness you see with large VM backups. We currently do not have the ability to use multi streams per VMDK. 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy